Safety is undoubtedly a top concern in MAZDA vehicles. They are brimming with advanced safety features. It’s also a top priority at Auto Express Mazda. We want you to be careful when you’re on the road and prepared when things go wrong. Our Mazda service technicians have a few tips to help ensure you can fix a flat.
Prepare Your Vehicle
Before you attempt to change a flat tire, it’s important that you’re prepared.
- Move your vehicle to a safe location away from traffic (take care not to abruptly brake or turn if a flat occurs while you’re driving).
- Turn on your hazard lights and engage your parking brake.
- If you have them, add wheel wedges to your tires to keep your vehicle secure.
- Gather the supplies you need to change your flat and your spare tire.
Change Your Flat
Once you are ready to proceed, follow these steps carefully to change your flat tire.
- Turn your lug nuts counterclockwise until they are no longer tightly fastened.
- Place your jack on the frame near your flat tire and slowly raise your vehicle six inches.
- Unscrew your lug nuts completely and remove the flat tire.
- Add on your spare tire.
- Put the lug nuts back on and tighten them.
- Lower your vehicle until it touches the ground and tighten the lug nuts completely.
- Lower your vehicle completely and remove the jack. Tighten the lug nuts again.
Schedule a Service Appointment
Once you’ve successfully changed your flat tire, it’s important to schedule a service appointment at our Mazda dealership in Erie, PA to get a tire replacement. We’ll also make sure there was no damage done to your rim and your other tires are in good shape. In the meantime, stay safe out there!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.